Skin, our largest organ and the first line of defense against UV exposure and environmental pollutants, irritants, and allergens making it into dry skin, is one of the most important organs of the body.
However, we only reach for a bottle of moisturizer when the temperature and humidity levels drop and the skin begins to show visible signs of dryness like rough skin that is papery to touch, has dry and unsightly patches on elbows and knees, cracked heels and is flaky and dull.
Dry skin is prone to developing premature signs of aging like wrinkles and loss of firmness.
Dry skin can happen by a host of internal and external factors.
- Inadequate intake of water – Dehydration
- Impaired natural lipid barrier
- Deficiency of vital nutrients like healthy fatty acids, vitamins and minerals
- Cold air
- Low humidity levels
- Bathing with too hot water
- Harsh chemicals like Sulphates in skincare products that strip the skin of natural lipids
- Over exfoliation of the skin
Often, we try to treat such a condition with the help of lotions and creams that provides temporary relief and the skin feels dry, flaky, and tight again in a few hours.
To prevent and treat dry skin, body butters are used instead, that provide deep moisturization and hydration to the skin.
Body butters are made from nut butters like Shea butter and Cocoa butter. Body butters have a high content of emollients that soothe and soften the skin. Some body butters also contain powerhouse antioxidants like vitamin C and E, which protect the skin from environmental damage.
7 Benefits of body butters
- Intense hydration
- Locking the moisture in the skin by forming a protective layer on top
- Nourish the skin with vitamins and essential oils
- Heal dry, flaky and chapped skin
- Prevent premature signs of aging and hyperpigmentation
- Soothe and relieve rashes, sunburns and eczema
- Body butters containing Shea butter act as natural sun protectants
Method of application
After cleansing the skin, the body butter is put on immediately to provide maximum hydration and moisturization, using long firm strokes. Damp skin absorbs the butter well and does not leave an oily film on top.
Body butters is spread often to areas needing more attention like cracked heels and dry elbows.
For year round beautiful skin avoid harsh chemicals that can damage the natural lipid barrier and nourish the skin with gentle skincare products.
Pilgrim Shea and Cocoa Body Butter is free of harmful chemicals (toxic 20) and has been crafted from the finest ingredients that hydrate, nourish and protect the skin. Apply daily to preserve and enhance youthful skin that looks, feels and smells great!
Shea & Cocoa Body Butter with White Lotus
Our ultra-hydrating Shea and Cocoa body butter is enriched with vitamins and antioxidant rich white lotus extracts. It melts straight into the skin, locking in the natural moisture while nourishing its radiance. It spreads easily and forms a protective layer to prevent environmental damage.