When people constantly ask you why you are sweating, even when you are not, you know you have oily skin. Oily skin is shiny, thick, and dull. The oil oozes and can give the skin a greasy shine. In this skin, the oil-producing sebaceous glands are intense and generate more oil than actually required. The pores are enlarged and the skin has a coarse look. It’s important to follow a few rules to cater according to your skin type and oily skin is one of the most difficult skin types to deal with. If not taken care of properly, they can cause problems like breakouts, whiteheads, and blackheads.
Oily skin is also affected by hormones and affects teens and women with fluctuating hormones. It is also prone to attracting dirt and pollution, due to which people with oily skin have a vulnerability toward pimples. This problem can be unbearable because the oil mixes up with sweat affecting your natural glow.
Causes of oily skin-
- Climate changes
- Hormone issues
- Sun or tanning beds
- Too much exfoliation
- Use of harsh skin care products
Most people have skin that is oily in certain areas and normal or dry in other areas, a condition that is known as combination skin. Hormonal imbalance can also increase the activity of sebaceous glands during menopause or pregnancy.
Some of the problems only people with oily skin will understand-
- You have just applied oil-free lotion, but your skin is oily 5 minutes later
- You are not able to use cream blush/eyeshadows effectively
- You have to think a lot before applying makeup during any season
- You have to apply compact powder frequently to avoid makeup invasion
- Blackheads and breakouts are your buddies.
How to handle oily skin?
If you have tried everything that’s been invented to combat your oily skin, then it’s time you make some modifications in your daily routine. Here are a few oily skin tips you should know:
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more.
Get yourself Pilgrim White Lotus Day Cream SPF 50 for the best results. It is built with SPF 50 that protects your skin from the sun, improves the elasticity of the skin, and controls the sebum production.
- Use a sulfate-free face wash. They have the ability to penetrate into your pores and remove the fat that clogs the pores and leads to blackheads.
- Use an oil-free foundation that is water-based and noncomedogenic.
- Use retinol-based products as they decrease oil production in the skin and reduce blackheads and sebum production in your skin.
- Wash your face not more than twice a day.
- Sleep 8 hours a day to intensify the skin’s cellular repair activity.
- Take lots of green vegetables and citrus fruits in your diet.
- Use lukewarm water for your face and body.
- Splash water on the face frequently to reduce oil formation.
- Stay hydrated as dehydration can cause stress glands to produce more oil. You can stay hydrated either by drinking lots of water or using cosmetics that specifically hydrate the skin. Pilgrim White Lotus Natural Face Mist & Toner is perfect for that. This is an alcohol-free formula that will help in putting moisture back to the skin cells. The primary ingredients of the toner are White Lotus, Camellia, and Witch Hazel. It is a non-greasy formula that will help fight premature aging and environmental damage. This toner will help in achieving a brighter and firmer skin.
- Exercise regularly as it boosts blood circulation.
- Use dirty pillow covers. You spend 8 hours a night resting on them and they absorb dirt, grease, and grime. Wash them up on a regular basis and change the cover every other night.
- Use a moisturizer that contains petrolatum. Instead, buy an oil-free moisturizer that contains glycerine.
- Use your fingers to apply makeup. Instead, use a brush or a sponge and make sure to wash your makeup brushes regularly.
- Over-wash as it can deprive your skin of essential oils that serves as a barrier to a lot of irritants.
- Rub the face too vigorously as it can damage your skin and cause wrinkles and fine lines.
- Forget to remove makeup before going to bed. It can lead to blockage of the pores.
- Use toner as they can actually make your problem worse. Toning can actually dry out the skin and our skin is designed to stay moist. So, toner overcompensates and produces more oil.
- Use products that contain lanolin oil, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl palmitate, petrolatum, and mineral oil.
- Smoke as it promotes pores enlargement and damages the overall health of the skin.
Don’t just curse yourself because you have oily skin as it has the most important benefit too. As the oils keep the skin more moist and smooth, the aging signs appear at a much later stage in oily skin and age at a slower rate in comparison to other skin types.
White Lotus Natural Face Mist & Toner with Camellia & Witch Hazel
Put the moisture back in every cell of your skin with our Holy Grail of a Toner and Mist. The Ultrafine and Alcohol-free formula is just the right vehicle to deliver natures’ most potent ingredients.