Face toner is a very important part of your skincare routine. It provides extra hydration to your skin and helps you get rid of oil and dirt. It balances the pH level of your skin, allows better penetration of skincare products, and gives perfect radiant and glowing skin. Some of the other benefits of toners are-
- It will give you a squeaky-clean face.
- It gets rid of all the dirt and bacteria from your face.
- It will help shrink your pores and tighten cell gaps, thus reducing the penetration of oil, pollution, dirt, and other impurities.
- It prevents redness and skin inflammation.
- It helps get rid of blemishes.
- It helps repair damaged skin.
- It contains glycolic acid that helps prevent ingrown hair.
- It revitalizes your skin when you are on-the-go.
- It helps bind moisture to your skin.
- It prevents future breakouts.
When and how to use a face toner?
Pat dry your face with a clean towel after cleansing and rinsing your skin. Apply an alcohol-free toner with the help of a cotton ball or a cotton pad or simply spray it on your face. Smooth a small amount across your face and neck, applying adequate pressure to reach deep into your pores. Let it dry and then continue your skincare routine normally.
How to choose a proper toner?
There are very many toners available in the market today and you may get overwhelmed because of the options. But for the face toner to benefit your skin thoroughly, you need the right one. Toner is not a “one size deal” and it is very important to identify your skin type before you buy one.
- Dry skin- When you have dry skin, your pores are very small but the skin feels very tight and rough. During winters, your skin tends to get dry and flaky. People with dry skin often experience peeling of the skin, dry patches, and sometimes redness.
- Oily Skin- Oily skin feels coarse, moist, and greasy, which means it is more prone to acne and breakouts. It tends to shine, particularly during midday.
- Combination skin- Combination skin type is neither dry nor oily, it’s generally a mixture of both. Your T-zone area (forehead, nose, and chin) tends to be oily whereas the other areas of your face are dry.
- Normal Skin- You may not experience any change in your skin throughout the day. It is not too oily or too dry. The skin usually feels smooth and clean.
- Sensitive skin- If your skin gets irritated very easily, then you have sensitive skin. It may also feel dry and rough, especially during the afternoon time or night time.
Toners based on Your Skin Type
- Dry Skin- Since you experience dry and flaky skin, you will need a toner that can hydrate as well as moisturize your skin. Choose a toner with moisturizing properties and avoid alcohol-based toners as they will end up drying your skin even more.
- Oily skin- Always opt for a gentle toner. Choose refreshing toners while completely avoiding toners with moisturizing properties.
- Normal Skin- If your skin tone is normal, you need to buy toners based on the season. In summers, go for a refreshing toner. In winters or when the weather is cold, choose a toner with moisturizing properties.
- Combination Skin- You would need to buy toners according to the season. You will need a refreshing and gentle toner during summers to maintain the oil balance and in winter, you will need a hydrating and moisturizing toner.
- Sensitive Skin- Go for an extremely mild toner without any alcohol or acid content in them. Opt for toners that are anti-inflammatory and contain antioxidants.
Tips for toners
- Read the labels carefully before you buy a toner.
- For a cooling effect, you can refrigerate your toner.
- Completely avoid alcohol-based toners as they are harsh for your skin.
- If you are suffering from dull skin, buy a toner that contains caffeine.
- For those of you suffering from acne or to prevent acne or breakouts, choose a toner with salicylic acid in it.
- You can mix your foundation with your toner to give you a dewy look.
- Before your workout or any other physical activity, just spray some toner for a fresh looking and hydrated skin.
- Avoid toners with harsh perfumes and fragrances.
Pilgrim White Lotus Natural Face Mist & Toner is the perfect face toner for dry skin that can put the moisture in your skin cells. It has an alcohol-free formula that will deliver the potent ingredients to your skin. The White Lotus is for moisturizing and hydrating the skin, and tightening and purifying the pores. The natural exfoliants will brighten the skin and restore it back to its youthful form. It controls sebum production and prevents acne and clogged pores without removing the natural moisture of the skin. The face toner uses the ingredient Witch Hazel to prevent blemishes and soothe skin irritations. You can use this face toner for men and women multiple times a day for refreshing and hydrating the skin.
Pilgrim White Lotus Natural Face Mist & Toner
The Ultrafine and Alcohol-free formula is just the right vehicle to deliver natures’ most potent ingredients. White Lotus purifies and tightens pores, moisturizes and hydrates the skin. It contains natural exfoliants to restore the skins youthful look and also has skin brightening and firming properties. Without stripping the skin of its natural moisture, it also controls sebum production, thereby preventing clogged pores and acne.