“Eyes reveal the secrets of your heart!” But, what if you have dark circles under your eyes? They will indeed say a lot about your health and lifestyle. Do you have dark circles? Do they make you look sick or depressed? Dark circles have certainly become a menace in today’s lifestyle and can haunt both men and women. Dark circles are the dark discoloration of the skin under the eyes. When blood vessels present underneath the skin’s surface around the eyes get damaged, then blood particles leak out from the capillaries making the vessels visible through the skin. This can result in the appearance of discoloration or blemishes around the eyes. By following a few dark circle tips, you can get rid of these dark circles easily.
Causes of dark circles-
There are many causes for dark circles, including the inherent genetic tendency or due to some lifestyle factors such as smoking, stress, working long hours in front of a computer, lack of proper sleep, and deficiency of iron and vitamin. They can also occur due to hormonal changes or pregnancy.
There are some lifestyle alterations that are important to reduce dark circles. Let’s take a look at some do’s, don’ts, and dark circles tips to get rid of these annoying dark circles-
- Workout regularly and exercise
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Eat plenty of fruits or vegetables
- Take a well-balanced diet rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and iron.
- Sleep 7-8 hours a day. Proper sleep will help you keep fresh and reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Consult a physician if you are suffering from sinusitis or allergic rhinitis
Remove your makeup before you sleep as it can irritate your skin. Use a good-quality face wash and face scrub for this. You have to use the Pilgrim Volcanic Lava Ash Face Scrub that has a pillowy structure and extra-fine particles that will be foaming your skin gently and removing the dead skin cells. Using this scrub will help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, suntan, pigmentation, and discolorations.
- Relax every day with meditation or yoga
- Use cold compresses like cold clothes or tea bags to soothe the skin
- Wear good quality sunglasses to protect your skin from UV rays
- Take a break after doing prolonged working on the computer
- Take excess of salt as it can increase puffiness under the eye
- Take eat sugary candies or too many sweets
- Consume too much tea or coffee as it causes dehydration
- Be awake until late night
- Smoke and consume alcohol as they affect the sleeping quality and stops the flow of oxygen to your skin, which will result in the appearance of dark circles
- Forget to wear sunscreen before you step out. What you need is a sunscreen with at least SPF 30. The Pilgrim White Lotus Day Cream has SPF 50 that will provide protection from the sun, improve skin elasticity, and control the sebum production. The cream will get absorbed into the skin’s layers and replenish the nutrients.
- Keep rubbing your eyes as it can irritate the skin and can damage small blood vessels below the eyelids, resulting in increased pigmentation
- Apply eyeliner or mascara on the lower eyelid, due to the fact that they can spread on the skin and will give a darker appearance with every passing day
Some tips for dark circles to treat your dark circles-
Take a soft cloth and soak it in cold water for a few minutes. Place that cloth on your eyelids for about 5 to 7 minutes. Cold water works really well to tighten the blood vessel under the eyes. You can also use ice cubes wrapped in a towel for this purpose. Do this process 3 to 4 times every day for a few weeks.
Place two cotton balls in rose water and soak them for a few minutes. Place those cotton balls on your eyelids for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process twice every day for a few weeks to completely remove the dark circles under your eyes.
Dip a cotton ball in fresh lemon and place it on your eyes for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with water after that. Lemon juice has bleaching properties and vitamin C in it helps remove the dark circles around the eyes. Repeat this process for three times a week for effective results.
Cut the cucumber into two pieces and place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Place them on your eyelids for about 10 minutes and wash your face with water afterward. Cucumber acts as the best astringent and has skin lightening agents.
Use a small amount of aloe vera gel under the eyes to soothe and protect the skin under the eyes, which will eventually help in reducing dark circles.
Yoga and meditation–
keep your body stress-free by performing yoga and meditation on a regular basis. Doing this will not just relax your body, but will improve your overall health and bring a fresh look on your face by removing dark circles under the eyes.
White Lotus Day Cream SPF 50 with Camellia & Yugdugu
This superachiever of cream does all that you can ask for and more! The White Lotus hydrates, controls sebum and improves the elasticity of the skin.